Monday, October 7, 2013

Training Week 3

Hey there! I'm continuing my weekly tradition of telling you about my progress during my first ever half marathon training. Read about week 1 here and week 2 here). So, here we go! 

Monday: no run today, just a work out. I had a trainer appointment and it was a good session!

Tuesday: 3.5 mile run (this is longer that the first two weeks, where I was only required to run 3 miles). This was a good run, and I felt no need to walk at all. My time was 39:50 which was fairly solid.

Wednesday: 2 mile run. I had plans in the evening after work on Wednesday, so I got up at 4:45 am to run. SO EARLY! It was pitch black outside and I only saw two other runners and practically no cars were out on the roads. Not gonna lie, even though this was a short run, it was hard. The shorter rest time since my Tuesday run probably contributed, plus it was kinda creepy being out when it was so quiet and dark. My time for that run was 24:11 so definitely not my quickest.

Thursday: 3.5 mile run. This was also my birthday (which, btw, was awesome!) so, per family tradition, we had plans with my family to get together to celebrate after work. I decided to run to my parents house which is only about 2.5 miles away, so I knew I'd have to take the "scenic route" to stretch the run out an additional mile. This was actually a really fun run and I totally take back what I said last week about Thursday runs sucking no matter what.  It was really fun not knowing exactly which route I was going to take and just winging it. Also, I'd had a longer time to rest since I had run so early on Wednesday which was helpful. AND, my hubby came with me which made it really fun! He biked instead of running with me, but still knowing he was there made it better. My time was 40:40, but I'm confident that I would have finished faster than I had on Tuesday if I hadn't had to wait for cars when I was crossing intersections (and I thought I saw a dead guy which momentarily distracted me, but that is an entirely different story). 

Friday: Rest day. And celebratory date with my hubby for my birthday. Good fun ensued.

Saturday: Cross training day. My hubs made me do 10 rounds of 10 burpees and 10 sit ups. Yes, that does equal 100 burpees. Yes, I did almost die. 

Sunday: 5 mile run. If you read my recap last week about my 4 mile run, you'll know that 5 miles is a HUGE deal for me. Like, its the longest distance I've ever attempted to run in my life (before yesterday I'd only attempted it once before and that was like 7 years and a good 30 pounds ago). You are not going to believe what happened!! Wait for it...

It was easy. 

Yup, you read that right. The weather was gorgeous (about 65 degrees!) which I'm sure helped, but really I just felt good from start to finish. I didn't have any serious thoughts on life like I did last week, just a good, lighthearted run. And I was never tempted to walk at all. Crazy right? Now I've probably jinxed myself and this coming weekend I'll struggle the entire time, but whatever. Here's my screen shot of my time (which I'm pretty proud of) and just for fun I've included my split times as well. 


Thanks for stopping by! Here's to this week being as easy as last week was!

-Jesse 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!